ABSOLUTE TRUSTEE AUCTION: REAL ESTATE
Bed and Breakfast or Event Opportunity
DATE: Tuesday, November 17, 2020
AUCTION SALE SITE: 1325/1329 Commerce Rd., Staunton, VA. 24401
PREVIEW SCHEDULE: Tuesday 10/27 (12:30PM - 2:30PM), Tuesday 11/3 (12:30PM - 2:30PM), and Tuesday 11/10 (12:30PM-2:30PM). Other times by appointment.
PROPERTY INFORMATION: Past use of this property has been: Wedding / event venue, Bed and Breakfast. Easy to continue the current business plan as a Bed and Breakfast and Event Venue property!
This auction incorporates 2 nicely finished and event ready buildings (Windsor House & Millstone Barn) and 12.2 acres. Property is approximately 2 miles from I-81, easy to get to from major highway.
Windsor House (circa 1926)
- 2-story wood framed house. Total sq ft 4,588 (includes 406 sq ft of cellar)
- Guest suite, and Innkeepers quarters
- Commercial kitchen (gas stove)
- Dinning accommodations, 2 indoor sitting areas (w/ fireplaces), Covered front porch, two large brick patios off conservatory
- Bathrooms: ½ bath on first floor, 1 full bath in Guest Suite (first floor) and 1 full bath on second floor (Innkeeper’s Quarters)
- 2 laundry rooms (main house first floor & guest suite)
- 1 kitchenette (Innkeepers quarters ) & 1 full kitchen (Guest Suite)
- Updated fire alarm system
- 400-amp electrical service
- 3-story converted barn, wood framed building w/ vinyl siding; Main Level: 1775 sq ft, Up Stairs 885 sq ft, downstairs 1775 sq ft
- Five decks total of 486 sq ft, patio with 312 sq ft
- Main level: entry foyer w/ large sitting area, gas fireplace, refreshment station, 4 guest rooms
- Upstairs: 2 guest suites w/ full baths, gas fireplace, mini bar area, private deck
- Downstairs: 2 guest suites w/ full baths, gas fireplace, mini bar area, patios, laundry room
- 400-amp electric service
ABSOLUTE CITY OF STAUNTON, VA SHERIFF SALE AUCTION
Personal Property: Selling immediately after real estate.
- EZGO golf cart w/ rear deck (electric w/ charger)
- Yanmar 324 Tractor w/ YL210 bucket (48”)
- Bad Boy Maverick Zero Turn mower – 60” deck, 688cc Honda engine
- Polaris Brutus w/ Protach Attachment System including 36” forks & trailer hitch (includes contents in rear bed)
- Bad Boy Bush Hog 48”
- Worksaver Posthole Digger 12” Auger
- Agrifab Lawn Sweeper 42”
- Agrifab Roller 48”
- Yanmar B65 Backhoe w/ Yanmar Bucket
- Metal Building – 960’sq ft (40’W x 24’D) with 2 roll up doors 8’x8’
- 50” Bucket
- Other items will include all other furniture, fixtures and equipment located on the property
DIRECTIONS: From I-81, Exit 225 on the north side of Staunton, take Rt 262 South for 1.5 miles. Turn left onto Rt.11 South for 0.1 miles. The property is on the left.
SALES MANAGER: Pete Ramsey (434) 258-6611
Terms and Conditions
Real Estate: 6% Buyer’s Premium added to the high bid to determine contract price. Deposit of $50,000 in certified funds on sale day with a wire transfer to the Trustee in an amount necessary to bring the deposit to 10% of the contract price. Wire transfer must be received by the Trustee no later than 5:00pm EST November 20, 2020. The real estate taxes will be prorated as of sale day. The purchaser will be responsible for paying the Grantor’s Tax.
Personal Property: Cash or valid check. 10% Buyer’s Premium. All items will be sold Absolute and the sale will immediate follow the sale of the real estate. Selling as is where is. Payment in full on sale day.